Genus is seeking candidates for multiple openings to join our team. Opportunities include a full time entry level landscape architect position and 2020 summer intern. Applications should be submitted to INFO@GENUS-LA.COM.
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
Genus is a design-focused landscape architecture and planning studio based in Des Moines, Iowa. Our mission is to create artful landscapes that function - with emphasis on creating places that make a positive impact on peoples lives and our planet. Design pursuits range from master planning to design for rural + urban spaces, parks, multigenerational campus environments, streetscapes, college campuses and public art collaborations across the Midwest. We are looking for self-motivated talent to join our team. The ideal candidate will be committed to design innovation, sustainability and client-focused design solutions.
- 0-6 years of design experience
- Ability to think critically and take ownership in projects
- Ability to self-edit work and collaborate within small and large group settings
- Basic understanding of construction techniques and plant material
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to communicate ideas
- Capacity to work across multiple representation platforms, including hand graphics [ sketches and renderings ]; AutoCAD; Civil 3D; Illustrator; InDesign; Photoshop; Lumion and SketchUp.
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
Genus offers a competitive benefits package including, insurance [ health, dental, vision, life ], retirement plan with company match, generous paid vacation, family-friendly culture and incentive program. Salary based upon qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter that describes your background and your professional aspirations.
- A resume that clearly identifies past experience, and education [ academic and professional ].
- A digital portfolio of work [please keep files under 10 MB ], identifying your role for each project
- Three references with contact information.
All inquires are confidential. Applications should be sent by February 1, 2020. Qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume and portfolio to: INFO@GENUS-LA.COM.
Job Type: Full-time
2020 SUMMER INTERN
Located in the heart of Des Moines’ East Village neighborhood, Genus’ internship is designed to expose students to a collaborative studio environment, with particular focus on urban placemaking, material research, community planning and construction detailing. The selected applicant will participate in a 10-12 week internship beginning late May.
Assignments will vary depending on the successful applicant’s skill set and aspirations. Typical responsibilities include project research, digital and hand graphics, attendance in meetings with registered landscape architects, design production, design workshops and construction site visits. Students must possess exceptional graphic, AutoCAD, and digital production skills.
Students pursuing degrees in landscape architecture are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is February 21, 2020 at 5:00 pm CST. All candidates selected for an interview will be notified by February 28, 2020. Qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume and portfolio to: INFO@GENUS-LA.COM.
Working knowledge of: Sketch Up | AutoCad | Adobe Suite | MS Office Suite | Midwest Plant Material
Preference given to 4th + 5th year students.