JOIN TEAM G!
Genus is seeking talent for multiple openings to join our growing team. Opportunities include: summer interns, full time entry level landscape and mid-level landscape architects + planners. Applications should be submitted to INFO@GENUS-LA.COM.
Genus is a design-focused landscape architecture and planning studio based in the East Village of Des Moines, Iowa. Our mission is to create artful landscapes that function - with emphasis on creating places that make a positive impact on peoples lives and our planet. Our portfolio ranges from master planning to detail design for rural + urban spaces, parks, multigenerational campus environments, streetscapes, college campuses and public art collaborations across the Midwest. We are looking for self-motivated talent to join Team G. The ideal candidate is committed to design innovation, sustainability, collaboration and client-focused design solutions.
- Experience : Recent graduates to 10+ years experience.
- Resourceful + self-motivated
- Ability to self-edit work and collaborate within small and large group settings
- Basic understanding of construction techniques and Midwest plant palette
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to communicate ideas verbally
- Capacity to work across multiple representation platforms, including hand graphics, Civil 3D, Autocad, Illustrator; InDesign, Photoshop, Lumion and SketchUp.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program required. Applicants with planning degrees will be considered.
Genus offers a competitive benefits package including, insurance [ health, dental, vision, life ], retirement plan with company match, generous paid vacation, family-friendly culture and profit sharing program. Salary based upon qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter that describes your background and your professional aspirations.
- A resume that clearly identifies past experience, and education [ academic and professional ].
- A digital portfolio of work [please keep files under 10 MB ], identifying your role for each project
- Three references with contact information.
All inquires are confidential. Applications should be sent by February 28, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
2020 SUMMER INTERN
Located in the heart of Des Moines’ East Village neighborhood, Genus’ internship is designed to expose students to a collaborative studio environment, with particular focus on urban placemaking, material research, community planning and construction detailing. The selected applicant will participate in a 10-12 week internship beginning late May.
Assignments will vary depending on the successful applicant’s skill set and aspirations. Typical responsibilities include project research, digital and hand graphics, attendance in meetings with registered landscape architects, design production, design workshops and construction site visits. Students must possess exceptional graphic, AutoCAD, and digital production skills.
Students pursuing degrees in landscape architecture are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is February 21, 2020 at 5:00 pm CST. All candidates selected for an interview will be notified by February 28, 2020. Qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume and portfolio to: INFO@GENUS-LA.COM.
Working knowledge of: Sketch Up | AutoCad | Adobe Suite | MS Office Suite | Midwest Plant Material
Preference given to 4th + 5th year students.