JOIN TEAM G!
Genus is a decidedly small landscape architecture + planning studio based in Des Moines, Iowa. Our work is diverse in scale and project type; with current efforts focused on large-scale urban planning + green infrastructure development, multigenerational + healthcare campus design, public art, and parks.
Experienced Landscape Architect
Genus is seeking a new landscape architect with a passion for design and the built environment to join our growing team. While full-time is preferred, those seeking part-time will be considered, provided position responsibilities can be met. If you are outside of the Des Moines area and have an interest in working with us remotely, please reach out for conversation.
The ideal, experienced candidate will have between 2 and +8 years of relevant landscape architecture experience that includes:
• Integral involvement on complex projects from conception through ribbon cutting.
• A strong understanding of elements impacting material detailing and plant selection is important.
• Production of detail-oriented projects with AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.
• Ability to play well with others on our team to see the design and creative process through all phases of design.
• Proficient use of Adobe Create Suite, Sketch Up and MS Office Suite.
• Experience managing project fees and mentoring of young talent is highly valued.
• Sense of humor + ability to have fun will be screened for during interview process.
REQUIRED: Master or Bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited landscape architecture program.
Entry-Level Landscape Designer
Genus is currently looking to add an entry-level landscape designer to our Des Moines studio.
Landscape Designer: preferred candidates will have 2-5 years of professional experience and a professional degree in landscape architecture. Applicants must demonstrate outstanding communication skills and design capabilities (digital and hand-drawn), as well as the ability to work independently and within a collaborative environment. Successful candidates are expected to have technical proficiency in AutoCAD [ Civil 3D is a bonus], Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in 3D modeling programs such as SketchUp and Rhino is highly valued.
Please forward a resume and portfolio to BDOUGLAS@GENUS-LA.COM for consideration. Email size limited to 10MB.
Genus is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with level of experience and full benefits package.