JOIN TEAM G!
Genus is a decidedly small landscape architecture + planning studio based in Des Moines, Iowa. Our work is diverse in scale and project type; with current efforts focused on large-scale urban planning + green infrastructure development, multigenerational + healthcare campus design, public art, and parks.
GENUS is an Iowa-based landscape architecture + planning studio with projects across the Midwest. We are committed to design excellence in the creation of landscapes that are artful, sustainable and value ecological context. We are currently seeking designers and landscape architects for our team that have a passion for landscape architecture, design, horticulture, and the built environment.
Candidates must be detail-oriented, adaptable to changing deadlines and work well collaboratively. Team members are expected to think critically and contribute creatively to the design process.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES – UPDATED JANUARY 2024
[ Late May – Mid August 2024 ]
[ 0 – 3 years experience ]
[ 3 – 8 years experience ]
[ 8 or more years of experience ]
QUALIFICATIONS + RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will have relevant landscape architecture experience that includes the following based on their individual experience level, with aspirations to develop and grow their skill sets in a collaborative team-oriented environment:
- Strong oral, written and graphic communication skills.
- Creation of presentations for client and consultant project meetings.
- Effective team player with a positive attitude.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and MS Office required.
- Working knowledge of 3-D modeling programs SketchUp or Rhino and associated plug-ins.
- Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards.
- Project management experience a plus – required for senior level position.
- Construction document and detailing experience.
- Knowledge of Midwest plants and construction detailing. Experience with green infrastructure related planning and implementation, a plus.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Communication and personal skills that promote the development of strong, collaborative team relationships.
- Ability to self-edit work and command a high degree of accuracy.
- Those with a good sense of humor and appreciation for your favorite artist on vinylare required to apply after reading this post.
- Production of construction documents that exhibit a legible and organized graphic quality and constructible content.
Please have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited landscape architecture program. Candidates with architecture, engineering or related degrees may be considered, provided there is a demonstration of landscape architecture related experience and skills noted above.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to INFO@GENUS-LA.COM for our review. Please limit the size of the portfolio to 15MB.
GENUS offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience. EOE.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!